NEXT for AUTISM, the leading nonprofit dedicated to transforming the national landscape of services for people with autism by strategically designing, launching, and supporting innovative initiatives, announces more than $1.3 million awarded to 42 organizations in 20 states. 16 grant awards went to autistic led or centered initiatives. The 2022 Color The Spectrum Community grants aimed to address the transition from youth to adulthood in three essential areas – home, work, and social.
“We are excited by the caliber and breadth of the organizations awarded in this recent cycle,” shared NEXT for AUTISM CEO Gillian Leek. “NEXT is committed to working together with the community to invest in areas that will have the greatest immediate impact.”
A full list of 2022 recipients include.
- Actionplay, Inc.
- Advocacy Without Borders
- Asexual Outreach
- Autism Empowerment
- Autism Mentorship Program
- B3 Coffee
- Blue Legacy
- CA Human Services
- Center for Autism and the Developing Brain at Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Communication 4 ALL Inc.
- Communication First
- Divergent Labs Inc
- Exceptional Minds
- Foundations for Divergent Minds
- Have Dreams
- Infinite Reach
- Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
- Mental Health Partnerships
- NYSARC, Inc., Westchester County Chapter
- Oklahoma Family Center for autism, Inc. dba AutismOklahoma.org
- Our Place of New Trier Township
- Pittsburgh Center for Autistic Advocacy
- Prevail NJ
- Rutgers Center for Adult Autism Services / Rutgers Foundation
- Secret Valley Explorers
- Services for the UnderServed, Inc.
- Shepherd's Way
- Sibling Leadership Network
- South Dakota Parent Connection
- Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center
- Texas Rowing Foundation Inc.
- The Arc of King County
- The Ed Asner Family Center
- The New England Center for Children
- Transition Pathways, A.J. Drexel Autism Institute, Drexel University
- University of Central Florida Foundation, Inc.
- University of Nebraska Foundation
- Unscripted Learning
- Urban Autism Solutions
- Wilderwood Equine Therapy and Rescue
Awards were funded by proceeds raised during NEXT for AUTISM’s 2021 COLOR THE SPECTRUM livestream event, in partnership with YouTube.
The 2023 grants cycle will open for applications in March 2023. Grant opportunities will be offered for autistic-led and centered organizations only.
Applications will be accepted from March 6 through April 14. For details on important dates, grant requirements, and more, please visit NEXTforAUTISM.org/grants. To connect with a member of the NEXT for AUTISM team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-759-3775.
ABOUT NEXT FOR AUTISM
NEXT for AUTISM transforms the national landscape of services for people with autism by strategically designing, launching, and supporting innovative programs. We believe that individuals with autism deserve to live fulfilling, productive lives, when supported by excellent services and connected to their communities. We continually ask, what’s next for autism? Learn more at NEXTforAUTISM.org
Leave a Reply